We eat a large fresh salad almost on a daily basis and we are always trying new combinations of ingredients. We enjoy mixing up our own salad dressings because we know exactly what's in it and can control the amount of sodium.This is one of my favorite creamy dressings adapted from a recipe by Dr. Joel Fuhrman which can be found on his website and in his book, "Eat for Health".
- 2 oranges, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, organic and unsalted
- 2 tablespoons tahini unsalted (sesame seed paste)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce low sodium or Bragg Liquid Amino*
- 1/2" piece ginger, fresh
- 1 small clove of garlic
* I purchase the 16 ounce bottle of Bragg Liquid Aminos which lasts quite a long time in our household.