The introduction on our Goals page says,
“Disease free. No chronic pain. No need for medication. No toxins. Strength, energy and stamina. These are all elements of a healthy lifestyle.”
Since Marty and I started this blog last November we’ve offered over 50 recommendations of what we think works best for living a healthy lifestyle. These are in the form of a bulleted “Shelby’s Guidelines” list at the end of some of our blog posts. Clearly some tips are gaining in popularity based on the number of times these posts are viewed.
Today I am highlighting our top 5 most popular blog posts along with their specific Shelby’s Guidelines. I am optimistic that our subscribers are experiencing well-being and satisfaction in living a healthy life by applying our recommendations. These well-liked posts are the ones that our subscribers gravitate towards.
- Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
- Retrain your taste buds gradually and consistently.
- Steer clear of the top 10 highest sodium foods.
- Scan the nutrition label.
- Preview a restaurant’s website for low salt menu options.
- Speak to your restaurant server about your low salt restriction.
- Spice it up using a variety of zesty ingredients
- Prepare other cuisines and feast on low salt options.
- Eat a large fresh salad on a daily basis to provide the body with the nutrients it craves to stay healthy.
- Keep your refrigerator and pantry well stocked with delicious salad ingredients.
- Mix up your own salad dressings to avoid the high sodium content, as well as other unhealthy ingredients in ready-made brands.
- Reduce or eliminate dairy products and meat from your diet.
- Increase vegetable intake, raw and cooked.
- Consume more beans, seeds, and nuts.
- Eat more fresh fruit.
- Don't expect instant results to reverse a condition that took years to flourish.
- Give your body time to heal itself.
- Identify your obstacles to eating well.
- Improve your environment to better support your health goals.
- Be a positive role model for healthy eating.
- Start with one simple habit that you can easily achieve.
- Commit to practicing this one habit until it becomes a routine habit.
- Target a habit that is specific and actionable.
Being healthy is a high priority for us. We don’t just talk about it; we do what we can to make sure we are as healthy as can be. The guidelines that we share with you are all based on our own life experience in achieving good health and the benefits of weight loss. We have found methods that works so well for us that we just can’t keep it all to ourselves. Taking action towards a positive goal can turn around lives. We’ve proved it in our own lives!
Do you have a favorite “Shelby’s Guideline” that you’ve been able to successfully apply? Feel free to comment below.